500g prawns, shelled and de-veined
˝ teaspoon Maharajah’s Choice turmeric powder
1 Onion – finely chopped
1 teaspoon Seven Seas Minced ginger
1 teaspoon Maharajah’s Choice chilli powder
2 Maharajah’s Choice Bay leaves
1 small Maharajah’s Choice cinnamon stick
4 Maharajah’s Choice cloves
4 Maharajah’s Choice Green Cardamom Pods
2 Cups Monika Coconut Milk
2 tablespoons Ghee or oil
Salt to taste
- Wash prawns then rub with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in pan and sauté prawns briefly. Remove prawns and keep aside.
- Add chopped onion to pan and stir fry until golden brown.
- Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, chilli powder and ginger paste. Fry briefly.
- Add prawns and coconut milk and salt as required. Stir through.
- Simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice.